Sunday, December 24, 2006

So much to tell...


This past week has been so full and continues to be full- due to this lovely holiday season! Last Tuesday was our 2nd anniversary, so Josh and I decided to celebrate with a real live actual date on Friday! We took Caleb to my mom's house, and went to the movies, out to lunch, and then to Target. It was heavenly to be out and about as a married couple, not as parents! I know that you never stop being parents- but it is nice to have grown-up time every now and then! Caleb was very good for Grandma Laurie, so hopefully Josh and I can continue to date each other, even though we have a tiny baby.

On Tuesday we also took Caleb for his 2nd Dr's appointment, he has grown from 6lbs 6oz to 8lbs 5oz! Our big healthy boy! You can definitely tell he has gained weight especially in his thick thighs, round cheeks, and pudgy fingers! We love it! So cuddly and snuggly squish-able!

Tomorrow Scott and Meg fly in from Mississippi to celebrate Christmas with us! I can't wait to see them!

On this Christmas Eve, I gaze at my sweet baby boy, and wonder how much faith it must have taken the wise men, and shepherds to come and worship baby Jesus. Obviously, He was small and dependent and weak, yet sweet and cuddly, and while that does evoke lots of oohs and ahhs, it doesn't make me fall down in awe and worship. I am so glad God chose "the weak things of this world to shame the wise", and that Jesus "who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made Himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness." It astonishes me that Jesus loved us so much as to put off His glory, and wrap Himself up in the soft, sweet-smelling skin of a tiny baby. But I praise Him today for that great love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!