Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Finally!

Well, it's Tuesday morning, but here I am! The past two weeks have been full of sweet times and long drives! We traveled to Punxsatawny, PA (home of Punxsatawny Phil the Groundhog) for WGM's Northeast Celebration and had a great time (despite the long drive)! Caleb made fast friends with Kelsey and Brendan who were interested in his Cars! They were a neat family who have traveled to Honduras twice (Dad went first, then took Brendan) and now the whole family is going this year! They get it and are an awesome example of a missions active family! We also got to spend time with the Bemm family who serve with WGM Kenya. It was great to meet Amy, who has been a missionary mom coming home after her first career term! She was so encouraging! And Caleb made new friends with their adopted daughter Hannah who is just 6 days older than he is! It was a sweet time sharing our story and connecting with new people!

We got home Saturday night just in time to go to bed and wake up Sunday so Josh could preach at Trinity! And then I took a much needed mini-retreat to Sandy Cove with some lovely ladies from First Baptist in Clayton!

Jesus was so good to provide that 24 hours away from home- and even though it was my first overnight away from Seth- it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be! I was able to just sit at Jesus feet, surrounded by amazing women, and a gorgeous view! The last session was the most touching. The speaker challenged us to face overwhelming situations with this strategy: react (as women, we need to allow ourselves to do this), release it at Jesus' feet, and then rest in His goodness! After that session I asked the speaker to pray for me as we transition from Clayton to Sicklerville and continue fundraising. I was in tears as she prayed and spoke truth in to my life! I came home Monday evening refreshed and energized to make some changes in my life to serve Jesus and my family better!

Friday I shared God's vision for Uganda at our MOPS Tea- and it was such a great time with women I've grown to love! And then Josh headed out to Delanco for the Spring Retreat where he was the main speaker! Saturday we were blessed to celebrate Josh's Grandpop Harry's 90th Birthday! And then I spoke at Barnsboro UMC's missions dinner! It was great to be at the church I grew up in, with people who have known me since childhood! I felt their prayers and support when I was in Uganda in 2002, and know we will continue to partner together for the Gospel!

And here we are. Tuesday and I am still trying to get myself together from all the activity of the past week or so! God is so good, and we are praising Him as we try to keep up with Him! I'll share more about how I am trying to stay energized another day!

Thanks for keeping us covered in prayer as we follow where He leads!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!