Tuesday, May 19, 2009

You're My Best Friend!

On my birthday, Caleb gave me the best gift ever! He climbed up on my lap and told me, "Mama, you're my best friend!" Now isn't that just what every mother wants to hear? It was a huge blessing to me!

A little over a week ago we got a chance to hang out with some of our other "best friends" to share about Uganda! It was a sweet time to invite our close friends to take an active role in what God is doing around the world. We enjoyed a delicious dinner of cheese steaks and seasoned fries, and then we cast God's vision for His people. He calls all of us to be at work in the world- He calls all of us to bless the nations- and He has given us each a specific corner of the world to do that! We had some great discussion about where we are on the spectrum of missions-active vs. missions-inactive... and we all discovered we have miles to go before we get to where God wants us! So there is a challenge laid before us- how will we step it up?

It may take some creativity, and it will definitely take some sacrifice- but I know we can come up with some personal ways to bless the nations, and join God is His kingdom work! What will you do? How are you going to bless the nations this week? Is there any way we can help you? Need some prayer requests to step up your global intercession? Need some book recommendations? Need the mailing address for a missionary on the field? Or maybe you need to call a few friends and start a monthly missions prayer group. I don't know. But I am pretty sure we all can be doing a little more than we currently are! I know I can!

Our next newsletter is percolating... look for it in June... it will have some more ideas of ways you can get more missions-active! Hopefully it will encourage and inspire you to do grand things for God's Kingdom! Send us your address if you did not get our March newsletter and we will add you to our list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!