Thursday, August 13, 2009

One Thousand Gifts!

I'm just a day late and dollar short in everything this week! Sorry, it's just how life rolls around here! But I am still cultivating a heart of gratitude.

We have much to be thankful for!

I am grateful for the gifts of:

  • sleep. Both boys slept in their own beds last night, and Seth only woke once. This is a miracle. Thank you for praying!
  • the prayers of the saints. Thank you for standing in the gap for us in these trying days!
  • staying healthy (it's another miracle, that I have stayed healthy while Caleb, Seth and Josh have had colds for over a week!). God is so good!
  • rain. There have been delightful storms blowing through Jersey lately, they remind me of tropical Uganda, but they also remind me to pray for dry Uganda!
  • a steaming cup of chai, as I take in those said storms!
  • chatting with a friend, about her upcoming trip to Jersey and laughing about carry-in :)
  • Delanco Camp. We are busy preparing to serve there next week- Josh is dean and I am evangelist (if you're around, I'll be preaching every night at 7:30 except Monday, when Scott and Meg share). It is a place that is dear to our hearts and we always look forward to sharing this special place with dear friends and our boys! And it is perhaps our last summer camp before we head to Uganda (both a happy and sad prospect).
  • cozy, rainy days wrapped up with my sick boys (I am terribly aware that these snuggly years are so fleeting!)
  • sharing a pint of Starbucks Caramel Macchiato ice cream with Josh! Free with coupon from facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!