Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Witnessing around the Table

Happy Thanksgiving! There is so much to be grateful for- I don't even know where to begin... grace, family, being home, the scents of the season, warm rich colors, pumpkin pie, coffee, our champions, my little pilgrim and indian, but most importantly- eyes to see all the blessings tucked into this crazy life!

What is on your gratitude list this year? Salvation?

Let me extend a little holiday challenge. Is there anyone at your Thanksgiving table who needs to know about the saving grace of Jesus? Start praying for them TODAY! And ask Jesus to present you with an opportunity to love them, and share the hope you have in Him! It may be as simple as having the courage to read a Bible verse of thanksgiving at the table, or thanking God for the salvation you've received. Or just being extra kind and taking time to really listen to someone. Maybe it is pulling someone aside and sharing the plan of salvation. I don't know who God is calling you to share with, or what He is calling you to do.

I do know there's one at our table who needs some extra lovin'- and I'm asking Jesus to soften his heart. I may not get the chance to share with him today or tomorrow- but God knows I'm willing whenever the opportunity arises.

Who knows- perhaps you'll be on their gratitude list next year for sharing the gift of Jesus with them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!