And the rains have come, but now there is flooding. As my friend, Emmy Mugisha, said on facebook: "Having experienced much drought, rains have come with disaster. At least one man has died and many are homeless in my neighborhood. Need your prayers."
And ultimately, this Easter weekend, we pray for revival! That the Holy Spirit would blow through that country and bring His healing and power to the Church and the land.
Here are some tips on how to pray for revival- from the book Touch the World Through Prayer by Wesley Duewel
- Ask the Holy Spirit to deepen your hunger. God's initial preparation for revival always begins in the heart of one or more people as they hunger for God's renewed presence and power.
- Ask God to give you His prayer burden for revival. Whether for revival in your own heart or church or on some mission field (like Uganda), God delights in assigning special spiritual responsibility to His intercessors.
- Ask God to give you some promise to claim by faith. A promise that has been used again and again is found in 2 Chronicles 7:14- but there are countless others in God's Word.
- Humble your heart before God in prayer. (Isaiah 57:15)
- Ask God to lead you to a prayer partner. Then agree together in prayer.
- Invite others to join in special prayer meetings for revival.** We would love for our Missions Prayer Nights to continue after we leave on May 15- would you be interested in being a part of that ministry? Let us know!
- Do not grow weary of holding on in prayer. Prayer for local or national revival may continue for months or even several years before the full answer comes. Don't give up! In God's time revival will come if you persevere in prayer (Galatians 6:9)