Tuesday, August 09, 2011

God wrote "I love you"

"He wrote "I love you" in the sky, and on the earth, and under the sea.

He wrote His message everywhere!  Because God created everything in His world to reflect Him like a mirror- to show us what He is like, to help us know Him, to make our hearts sing.

The way a kitten chases her tail.  The way red poppies grow wild.  The way a dolphin swims.

And God put it into words, too, and wrote it in a book called the Bible" -Sally Lloyd-Jones, The Jesus Storybook Bible

how He loves... excerpts #4498-4555

--this early morning glory: candles lit, peace, sweet creamy coffee, Your Word illuminated
--"we all with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord-
--being transformed into the same image from glory to glory" (2 Cor 3:18)


--the world slowly coming to life
--the sun creeping from its resting place, crawling across my page
--turning toward the Son, so I can truly see
--happy yellow roses to greet the day
--the power coming back on!

--Father and Son- caught in the evening sun
--this Grand Love Story You invite me into.  how You woo me daily, if I have eyes to see
--the song of praise rising in my heart


--Letting boys be boys: goofy, wrestling, climbing, energetic, hilarious, mine.
--grateful boys at breakfast
--no complaints at dinner!


--"if I take the wings of the morning- even there Your hand shall lead me and Your right hand shall hold me" (Ps 139:9)
--You walking with me into this school year full of ministry here in Uganda.


1 comment:

  1. Hello Hallahans, My husband and I are planning to join your team early next year. We are having a wonderful time getting to know you thru your photos and writings. Maybe you will help us to get a blog of our own going then? The boys are gorgeous, oops, sounds girlie! Well, Mom, you know what I mean. Enough for now. Love, Joyce and George Rodgers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!