Wednesday, January 22, 2014

the one where I just show up

i haven't gotten enough sleep in a month. all sweet Elizabeth wants is to be held {while she sleeps}. i have a newsletter to write. i need a shower.  the boys should be doing school work.  these are not ideal circumstances.

if i were writing this day, i would add a few more hours of sleep, a shower, and a stunt double {or in this case, a newsletter double}.  but i'm not. thankfully He is writing this day.  and He is good. 

all He asks is that i show up. and He gets Elizabeth to sleep peacefully, albeit in my arms. and He inspires the newsletter. and He gets my boys to entertain themselves. and He. and He. and He.  are we sensing a theme yet? i can't wait until things are perfect before i try and get things done. i just have to start. and if i get interrupted i can start again later. because, really, these interruptions are my work.

And as this post quotes in such a timely manner:
This is my work; my blessing, not my doom;

Of all who live, I am the one by whom

This work can best be done in the right way

these days are sweet and they are hard.  but He is good. and i have an amazing husband.  and our boys are relatively self-sufficient lately. so that's where i'm at these days. forgive the erratic blogging and the millions of baby pics on facebook.  it's just a season.

how do you handle interruptions in your day? what are you waiting for before you get started on that next project? where are you at these days?

listening to this on repeat. really.  i'm so blessed.  i get to be the one :)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this blog! i was sitting here trying to figure out how to start 2 projects, clean my house & get things ready for Youth Group! Just as you said... He

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also read your post cuz I really love reading it. Thanks for sharing this. God Bless!
    click here the family international

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember it is just a season and you will survive...or really God will thrive through you. Thanks for being a blessing in Africa!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!