Monday, June 30, 2014

Soaking in the Son: Ephesians

For [if we are] in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith activated and energized and expressed and working through love. Galatians 5:6 AMPLIFIED

Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children. Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God. Ephesians 5:1-2 NLT
Hands On Bible for Kids :)
Soaking in the Son has been so good for me!  Just one week in and already He is transforming and challenging me. I read Ephesians today in the New Living Translation, because my son's Bible was on the coffee table waiting for me when Elizabeth woke at 5am.  And I finished up Galatians yesterday in the Amplified Version- I love all the explanatory words! Such emphasis!  
So, we got back from vacation Saturday night and had a full Sunday of ministry and goodbyes. Our sweet girl did not sleep much at all on vacation  change of scenery- so I'm exhausted and have caught her cold. This is usually cause for crankiness, laziness, huffing, etc... but Jesus is calling me to so much more! I'm sure I won't do it perfectly, but He is challenging me to live a life of love, not drudgery, not duty, but love!  And as I do the things love does, like nurse this babe all.night.long. or rise at 5am, those sacrifices become a pleasing aroma to God!!!  Hallelujah! 2am feedings can be redeemed, as I offer them to Him (and her) as a love gift. I've got long way to go, but I am resolved to put off the old, tired, cranky self and put on Jesus today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!