Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Quiet Life

"...make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders..." -I Thessalonians 4:11-12 NIV

As I sat on our balcony I could literally feel my soul take a deep breath.  Everything within me expanded and heaved a sigh of relief.  We are so grateful to be back here.  It's a curious feeling to have a strange land become yours.  But that's how it feels.  We loved being in the states with family and friends.  We needed to reconnect with our home church so they could truly send us.  And yet, it almost feels like we were never gone... we've stepped right back into our home and life here... and it feels good.  

We will have to find a new normal- we've never had a baby in this place before.  I will need to lay down some tasks I carried when I had whole days alone while the boys were at school.  But these verses have really spoken to me as I pray about my role on the field- making it my ambition to lead a quiet life, to be faithful in only what He calls me to, that my daily life may win the respect of outsiders.  

And so I will wash dishes and change diapers for the glory of God.  I will embrace the everyday sacred. And I will faithfully carry out all He lays before me.  

How is He calling you to serve Him and expand His kingdom around the world?  Does it feel big or small?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!