Tonight at our WGM Uganda prayer meeting it was my privilege to lead, and the Spirit prompted me to lead us in praying from the book of 2 Thessalonians.
Here's how to pray 2 Thessalonians.
Basically the leader reads through the book in advance and picks out prayer prompts from each chapter. Then during the prayer meeting the leader guides the prayer time verse by verse and you pray for anyone the Spirit lays on your heart who needs that prayer.
- 1:3 "We are bound to thank God always for you..." God we thank you for __________. etc.
- 1:11-12 "We pray that our God would count you worthy of this calling and fulfill all His good purposes... that He may be glorified..." God, may _____ be counted worthy. Fulfill all Your good purposes in _____________ life. etc.
- 2:15 "brethren, stand fast." I know _____ is struggling, may he stand fast.
- 2:16 "May God who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work..." God, please comfort ___________. etc.
- 3:1 "that the word of the Lord may run swiftly..."
- 3:2-3 "that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men... God is faithful who will establish and guard you from the evil one..." _____ is in the middle of spiritual warfare. Establish and guard them from the evil one. etc
- 3:5 " May the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the patience of Christ."
- 3:13 "do not grow weary in doing good."
- 3:16 "May the God of peace Himself give you peace in every way. The Lord be with you all." We pray for peace in this situation. etc
We would be grateful if you would gather a few friends and use this as your guideline for praying for the world. Let us know if you will use it and what you think of this style of praying!