Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Two Whole Months

Where do you even begin when it's been almost two months since your last blog post?!

Do you try to catch up? Do you share just the highlights? Do you ignore all these things and just pretend that two months is no big deal? Do you give all the reasons why you have been too busy to blog?? Do you stumble all over yourself apologizing and making empty promises to do better this month?

What do you want to read after a blog absence?

The Last Two Months {by the numbers}

  • 1.5 - pounds Baby #4 has gained (generally babies at this stage go from 1 lb to 2 .5 lbs)
  • 5:00- the time Elizabeth has been waking up recently
  • 2- the birthdays our family has celebrated in the past two months
  • 60- the number of people who have come to our house for a meal, a small group, a prayer meeting or coffee.
  • 4- the number of overnight guests we've hosted the past two months.
  • 45x2- the number of lunches I've packed
  • 1- the number of Bible studies I've taught
  • 228- the number of diapers I've changed (low-ball estimate)
  • 48- the number of loads of laundry 
  • 121- the number of times I've read "Are You My Mother?" to Elizabeth
  • 85- the number of beautiful pregnant or new mamas I worshiped with yesterday in the slums



So there you have it. Blogging has just taken a back-burner to life. And that's the way it should be. I'm tending the hearts He has entrusted to me. But have no fear, what He is working into my life will make for some great posts in the future {when I can sit and write uninterrupted, or, you know, when I can think two consecutive thoughts}. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!