Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Getting grace for that...


I'm revisiting a great book called "Loving the Little Years" by Rachel Jankovic because I need a refresher! If you have little people, you should grab this book.


One phrase that has challenged and encouraged me is "...if I am willing to get the grace for it...". So often I look at all my responsibilities, all the people who need me, how much I am pouring out, and I get exasperated, and bitter. But that is only because I'm giving out of my own limited {very limited} resources, instead of out His abundance! If I enter each situation, and answer each request with the grace I've gotten from Him, I am able to do all that is required of me in this season.

Just like I can't fill each cup at the table without first filling the pitcher, I must run to Jesus with every request and ask Him to give me all I need to meet the needs around me. And this doesn't look like an hour-long prayer session! Often it sounds like a fervent cry for help as I rush to get the toddler off the table or nurse the baby for the eleventh time that hour {yes, I'm exaggerating!}.

I don't have much time in the Word these days, but Daily Light is brief and only Scripture around one theme a day! And just the other day I fell on these words: "Therefore, since we have this ministry as we have received mercy, we do not lose heart." -II Corinthians 4:1

I have this ministry of motherhood as I have received mercy- He has given me all I need to do this one job well. He has called me to tend His sheep; I just need to get the grace for that.

It would be so easy to lose heart in this intense season, but if I keep taking all I need from Him I won't run dry.

1 comment:

  1. I love Loving the Little Years as well! I have bought three copies and passed them all around. So good for a Godly kick in the butt when I needed it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!