Thursday, April 25, 2019

Seeing Jesus in the Book of John {resources}

"In Him was life, and the life was the light of. men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it." -John 1:4-5

There is no way to take up this challenge in my own strength. Left to my own power, my eyes will be blinded and I will fail to see Jesus as He reveals Himself. But in Him is life and light. He will open my eyes, illumine my path and pour love through me as I keep in step with Him.

I've chosen to soak in the book of John for the duration of these 40 days. I'm not going to hurry; I'm going to linger. Today I read five verses- and He spoke. I may read a word, a verse, a section, or a chapter before He speaks- but as soon as He highlights what He wants me to carry with me I'll wrap up my reading for the day. And meditate (chew on, fix my mind on, look up in another translation) on what He has given. I invite you to join me in the book of John as we look for Him!

I also borrowed Love Does by Bob Goff- it seemed like a great companion on this journey. Have you read it?

What other books would you add to our resource list for this challenge of Seeing Jesus in Every Face?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!