Thursday, December 19, 2019

Where two or three are gathered...

after my baptism in the Indian Ocean
these are my people.

what started out 15 years ago today (cannot believe it's our 15th anniversary!)... has blossomed into this: husband and wife, two boys, and two girls in Africa with Jesus. love spilling over and bringing life. and I am so grateful.

it's what He does- it's who He is. God is love. and love seeks an object- before the foundations of the world He was living in love Himself- Father, Son and Holy Spirit in a beautiful dance of community and love- He didn't need us- just like I didn't need my children- but our love grew so big that we wanted more people to share it with- likewise He is longing for all to receive what He so generously and lavishly wants to pour out.

WGM believes that transformed people will transform their communities who will transform the world. that from my intimate, abiding relationship with God my heart would overflow to those around me. that as He transforms me more and more into His likeness, putting to death the works of flesh and walking in the Spirit, I will live and love like He does. and that God incarnate, Jesus Himself in me, would be drawing people to Himself.

Mansi and the girls
and so our family mission is to live and love each other, and welcome people into that love often. so we live with open doors and an extra place at the table. my girls ask almost everyday- "so, who's coming to dinner tonight?".

we also love to host house guests! it has been sweet gift to have Mansi live with us the past four months and it will be sad to see her go tomorrow. our kids have loved her, their unofficial "big sister", and it's been good to have another adult in the house to pray and process life with. fresh eyes, after living here for 8+ years, are always welcome.

prayer warriors at Azmera Retreat
this Christmas we will be posting daily to give you a more extensive update than a year end email could contain. He began the transformation in me this year- a deep surrender that allowed Him to fill me with His Spirit of love and power to live a holy life. You can read more about that here. and as He came and filled me to overflowing at an Azmera Haven Retreat, then He spilled over into our marriage, our family, our home fellowship, our community at Heritage and our WGM Uganda team. Stay tuned for more stories! it's been a good year. and 2020 will only get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!