Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My Resolution

After reading the book: The Rest of God by Mark Buchanan, my resolution this year is to remember the Sabbath and keep it holy, not only in time, but in my heart. To be fully present in every moment, not hurrying through life in a blur. Time goes too quickly- I don't want to wish away Caleb's growing up years. I want to savor each moment- to cherish every memory making minute. Buchanan writes: "Busyness kills the heart."

And like Buchanan, "I want to learn to pass through a day without passing it by."

This summer we took a vacation, that was truly a week of Sabbath rest- it was pure refreshment (as these two photos show). And I am learning that as I head back to work, and things pile back into my life after maternity leave- I must carve out Sabbath time or else my soul will shrivel up and die. I don't want that to be the case! And so this year I will take steps to remember the Sabbath and keep it holy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!