Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thirsty


Have you ever pretended you didn't have needs? Have you ever tried to make it through a day without water? These are silly questions... and yet that is what my life feels like. I am so weary and so thirsty. Ironically my sermon I'm preaching on Sunday is titled: Invitation to the Thirsty. Guess I'll be preaching to myself. It usually works out best that way. I just find myself giving and giving and running and running... I have come to the end of myself. Again. The good news is, like David, I know where to take my thirst:

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me." Psalm 63:1, 8

If you are around this weekend... come to TLC Sunday at Trinity. The kids are singing, I'm preaching and there is lunch afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!