Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Tired...

So, I know, Caleb is 10 months old. I know he "should" be sleeping through the night. Who gets to make that call? Depends on what expert you read. Ferber says "after 6 months any baby should be sleeping through the night." kellymom.com says "If your baby wants to nurse at night, it is because she DOES need this, whether it's because she is hungry or because she wants to be close to mom. "

I don't want to be an enabler. But I also don't want my baby to be hungry in the night. I don't want him to feel abandoned. But, I would like to sleep through the night once or twice in his first year of life. That would be nice. Before Caleb, I didn't know survival on such sleep deprivation was humanly possible. Now I'm a mom. I know it's just a way of life. All that to say: I'm tired. I must consciously fix my eyes on Jesus today- and let Him do my living. It won't be a pretty sight if "Kelly" spills out today. So He must be sufficient. He has to! Thank you, Jesus, for being the lifter of my head.

Baby's age
% babies waking at night
3 months
46%
6 months
39%
9 months
58%
12 months
55%
So I am not alone... but that still doesn't make it easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!