Friday, November 23, 2007

Thankful for my Refuge


Some days are blustery and chaotic... but we have a refuge of peace in whom we can rest.

As I've been placing my feelings of restlessness, and discontent in the Father's hands, He is taking my restlessness and exchanging it for peace. Yesterday I read, "The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever..." -Psalm 138:8 There is much in my life that stresses me out and frustrates me... but He has promised to perfect that which concerns me. It doesn't mean that He will give me everything I want- or that He will take away all the frustrations- but He will perfect those things- He will make all things work together for my good. Praise Him! I am so thankful for His goodness and His provision of everything necessary for me to become more like Him.

And on this Thanksgiving weekend, I am also grateful for salvation, for my dear husband and sweet son, my precious family, faithful friends, good books, colorful autumn days and coffee (even though it has to be decaf)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!