Friday, August 01, 2008

Beautifully mundane...

I love elegantly simple moments like this that just sparkle with real life! And it is just like Jesus to bring a moment like this to me, after I had just finished my quiet time where I read: "In the Christian life the implicit is never conscious; if it is conscious it ceases to have this unaffected loveliness which is the characteristic touch of Jesus. We always know when Jesus is at work because He produces in the commonplace something that is inspiring." (My Utmost, August 21.)

I love that description of abiding in Christ. He takes our ordinary days and makes something radiant out of them by the power of His light and presence in us!

It is this unsuspecting loveliness that makes my mom glow. She is unconscious of the far reaching blessing and impact she has had through her simple, faithful building of her home. I am so grateful for the privilege to have lived with her example ever before me. How I long to make commonplace, daily life sparkle as I allow Jesus to shine through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!