Monday, August 11, 2008

There is a storm raging outside... and a storm raging inside. The rain and hail relentlessly pound the earth... unstoppable, harsh, constant, torrential.... obliterating my view of the world. It's all a foggy haze of gray. The wind pulls and pushes the trees- they are at the mercy of the wind.

And then suddenly, the hail ceases and the rain slows... and I can begin to breathe again. It was all so violent... and transient.

Sometimes Seth's crying feels like that storm; the similarities are remarkable. And I need to remind myself that his fits are not only violent, but transient. Someday I will look back on these trying days and see God's hand protecting and sustaining us. And for now- I will look forward in hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!