Monday, September 01, 2008

School of Prayer

"whatever prayer, whatever supplication is made by anyone, or by all Your people Israel, when each one knows his own burden and his own grief, and spreads out his hands to this temple: then hear from heaven Your dwelling place, and forgive, and give to everyone according to all his ways, whose heart You know..." -II Chronicles 6:29-30

September marks the beginning of the school year, and I sense that I am entering the school of prayer this year. As we begin our journey toward Africa, I have a feeling that I have much to learn about prayer, both personal and corporate. I am not faithful in prayer- I don't talk to Jesus as often as I would like , I fail to lift up Josh and our boys on a regular basis, and I forget to pray for the needs that are presented to me.

I long to be known as a faithful prayer-warrior- I long to spend quality time in the presence of God- I long to wage war in the spiritual realm on behalf of those I love... this is my goal in the coming year.

"God, forgive my prayerlessness! Draw me in to Your presence often. Incline my heart to You. Give me pause throughout each day to renew my devotion, and to worship You. Help me devise a plan in order to pray more faithfully for the people I care about. Most of all, I just want to know You more and love You better. -Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!