Friday, October 31, 2008

Streams in the desert!!!



Good Morning, Church!

I am tired this morning. But God's words from Isaiah are a breath of fresh air- blowing wind into my sagging sails! I pray that you would be as encouraged as I have been this morning- and that we would all look forward and have hope!

Today's readings: 1 Timothy 2, Isaiah 34-35, Psalm 119:65-96

"Strengthen the weak hands, and make firm the feeble knees. Say to those who are fearful-hearted, 'Be strong, do not fear!'... For waters shall burst forth in the wilderness, and streams in the desert. The parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water... They shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away." -Isaiah 35:3-4, 6-7, 10b

These verses particularly speak of the future glory of God's people... but I believe that God does take joy in reviving the weary, and refreshing the worn out today! One day all our sorrow and sighing will flee away- but today He will cause His dry and thirsty people to be refreshed. I can just feel the cool waters of His Spirit bubbling up in my dry soul as I read those verses! And I know that as I take time each day to spend in His presence, I will be renewed and then my heart's stream will overflow onto my children and my husband. And I will be a refreshment- out of the refreshment I have been given! It is a lovely principle... but just how do I find the time to be renewed by Him? Today- the boys are watching Sesame Street... I hate to use the television as a babysitter... but I also need to care for my own soul- so that I can be a blessing to them the rest of the day! If I can do it- so can you! If you are married, ask your spouse to help you guard your time with God! If you are single- take advantage of the freedom of your moments and just make the decision to put Him first! I am grateful that during my single years I dug deep wells in God's word, so that in these times of drought, I have a resevoir to draw from!

Take time today to spend with the Lord- ask Him to refresh and renew you. And just sit in His presence until you feel those springs of living water bubble up within you! Grab hold of His hand, and walk with Him today- and just feel the energy and power pouring through His hand into yours. I pray that you are encouraged by these thoughts... but today I think I'm writing just for me!

Waiting to be refreshed,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!