Sunday, December 14, 2008

God WITHIN us

Happy Sabbath, Church! It is our third Sunday of Advent!

Today's reading: Isaiah 7:14

"Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel." -Isaiah 7:14

Immanuel- God with us! Wow. That God would leave His throne to be with us, it floors me. And it comforts me. It comforts me to know that Jesus intimately understands my weariness, my frustrations, my hurts... and that He can smile with me at my joys and delights... because He has been there- He is there. I love that Jesus came and dwelt among us. But He isn't stuck in a manger eternally! Praise the Lord, He sent His Spirit to dwell within us! So while it is wonderful that Jesus is God With Us... He is so much more than that. He is God WITHIN us! So today as you enjoy this lovely Sabbath, enjoy the reality that He is not only with us- He is within us! And that makes all the difference in the world!

Enjoy His presence,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!