Monday, December 15, 2008

Delighting in the King

I had some sweet time alone with Jesus this morning! I lit some candles, filled a holly mug with steaming coffee (there is something magical about Lenox holly mugs... I don't know if it's the gold rim, or the silky porcelain), and opened my Bible. Jesus reminded me that He is coming to me!

Today's reading: Zechariah 9:9-10

"Behold, your King is coming to you, He is just and having salvation, lowly, and riding on a donkey... He shall speak peace to the nations..." -Zechariah 9:9-10

Your King is coming to YOU. He is coming for you. He wants you. He is accessible to you- for He is coming as a lowly peasant, even though He is a mighty King. Consider the fact that He is coming again- He will return for His bride and take her home to a heavenly banquet prepared for her. I long for that day! But for now, I will do all that I can for the people around me to know that He is coming to them- if they would only receive Him. Which is why we are going to Uganda- to speak His peace to the nations- to set the banquet table and invite all people to feast in His glorious presence! I can just picture the heavenly banquet table- spread with delicacies from every continent, surrounded by beautiful faces in every color, decorated with flowers of every kind! What a glorious day that will be! What are you doing to invite the nations into His presence? Are you praying for the lost? Are you supporting a missionary financially? Are you speaking with your neighbors about the Good News? Josh and I are going to Uganda. We hope you will be part of our team. We will keep you posted when we find out more of what that looks like!

For now- glory in the fact that your King is coming to you- but also give that gift of the Gospel to someone else today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!