Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Time Flies!

Is everyone else blown away by the fact that it is June??? I have no idea where May went! It was definitely full of joy and busyness and I am glad we survived- but oh June, how full you will be as well! The month of May was filled with Birthday Extravaganza week, our last G5 Retreat, Pete and Cristi's wedding (the first Youth Group "kid's" wedding we have attended), several great connections with people about Uganda, Seth's first haircut, our last MOPS meeting... and so many other delights and wonders! I'll only list these events, as, hopefully, Josh will blog about some of them in the near future!

June stretches before us with only 19 days until our last Sunday at Trinity, and 20 days until we move in with Josh's parents. Wow. This house is still so full, as is my heart as I ponder the last 5 1/2 years of ministry and the last 4 1/2 married to Josh... our whole family history has been lived in this parsonage... but the sacrifice we make when we obey God's calling is the least we can do.

Consider His great love and immense sacrifice... dare we say "no" to anything He asks of us? And He not only died for us, that would be enough to gladly say "yes" to anything He asks, but He continues to walk with us, provide for us, and equip us... our whole lives should just shout and sing our worship for His goodness and faithfulness! Is that your perspective today? I know it wasn't mine until I typed the words... praise Him for His Holy Spirit to guide us to the right perspective even when we aren't aware of our poor perspective! So if you will excuse me, I have some things I need to sort out with Him this morning- do you? Enjoy His presence as you walk with Him this day!

image from discovermagazine.com
Caleb and Seth swinging at Cape May Zoo... when did they get this big?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!