It seems as though Satan is fighting every move of the Holy Spirit. God is longing to do great and mighty things in Uganda, and Satan hates it! I just got a prayer letter from our future field directors and we need to be in fervent prayer for Uganda! The missionaries on the field are experiencing great spiritual attack, some have been gravely ill, and there are at least 14 new missionaries trying to raise funds to join them. Would you stand with us in bold and diligent prayer? Here are the most up to date requests from the field- I just got them today!
And our own personal prayer request is for Seth's health- we will have seen the Doctor 3 times in one week- due to his wheezing and coughing- that they think is asthma and bronchiolitis. Pray that we would figure out the best treatment, and that he would get and stay healthy! Thank you! Hard to focus on much else when my little guy is ill :(
How you can be Praying for WGM Uganda…
Please pray for the physical & spiritual health of the missionaries & their families…
- Southern Uganda Missionaries:
- John & Beth Muehleisen
- Jonathan & Lisa Mayo (Jordan & Ethan)
- Kenneth & Delight Hopson (Kaleb, Austin, & Emilee) (HMA)
- Lisa Fish
- Keith & Donna Bourne (Haley & Rachel)
- Jean Komline
- Teresa Duncan
- Jenna Gaventa
- Betsy Kurtz
- Kristi Fuller
- Brent Duncan
- Northern Uganda Missionaries
- Billy & Joanna Coppedge (Elsie Jayne & Lucy Mae)
MDs Preparing to Serve Throughout Uganda
The Hallahan Family
Scott and Meg Rambo
Michael and Brenda Guilliams
The Bryant Family
The Ferg Family
The Burke Family
SPECIAL PRAYER AS WE MOVE INTO OCTOBER…
Beth Muehleisen has been quite sick as we have started October. Please pray for Jesus’ healing hand to be upon her in these days.
There will be a Bible Storying Conference hosted by Africa Gospel Church and World Gospel Mission in Arua October 13-16. Please pray for all of those traveling and preparing to come to the conference. Pray that Jesus might come and make Himself known to all in attendance as we learn from His Word.
In the last year, we have been able to begin a Community Health Evangelism ministry. We are seeing God move in an amazing way as these trained teams go into communities to bring about both spiritual and physical transformation. However, as we advance against the enemy in this way, we are seeing and experiencing a great battle. Please pray for this ministry that has great potential to bring about transformation for eternity.
Ongoing Prayer Requests for the Field:
- Please continue to pray for the field housing situation. With rent increases and more missionaries arriving, the need for affordable field housing continues to remain a need.
- Please pray for the monthly pastoral trainings taking place in 10 different locations including 1 in Sudan. Over 110 pastors are being trained at 3 different levels. (Also there will be a Sudan Bible Storying Conference the third week of October in Akot, Sudan. Please pray specifically for needed translators).
- Please pray for the youth pastor’s training as well.
- Please pray as we continue to look at new areas for outreach. New ministries have already begun in South Sudan . We are now looking at ministry opportunities in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and 5 strategic locations within Uganda .
- Please pray that the Lord will provide 25 to 30 new missionaries in the next 5 years to meet the needs of the expanding ministries.
- Please pray for land to be purchased to build an Urban Center or to be able to purchase land with an existing building for multi-purpose ministries in Kampala. This Urban Center would be a place for the 600 plus students from 11 African countries in the University Ministry. It would be a multi purpose building for a church to reach professionals, a place to begin businesses or to rent out to other businesses to help fund the ministries of the church.
- Please pray that God will provide the necessary resources to meet the needs within all of the ministry opportunities.
- Please pray that we would all have the attitude of Christ, that we would keep Him the center focus of our lives, marriages, families, & ministries, and that we would be a light to Uganda.