Monday, November 09, 2009

Spending Time with Jesus...

Caleb and I were reading his story Bible this morning, and the story of David and Goliath struck me anew... even brought a tear to my eye.

"David took his slingshot and walked toward Goliath. step. step. step. Goliath walked toward David. THUD. THUD. THUD. "You?" Goliath peered down at the small boy. "I'm little!" David shouted up to him. "But God is great!"

Goliath laughed an even terribler laugh than usual. "HAAAAA- HA- HAAAA!" it went. With just one swing of his giant sword, Goliath could finish the boy off.

But David kept going. "It isn't how strong you are or how many swords and spears you have that will save you- it is God who saves you! This is God's battle. And God always wins His battles!" (excerpt from The Jesus Story Bible, every story whispers His name)

~~~~~~~~~
As we were sitting on our couch spending time with Jesus, I got a little misty-eyed. It is so good to know that whatever battle we face- whatever giant is looming before us- God always wins His battles. Praying that you can take courage in that today! I know I will!
~~~~~~~~~
We'll be back to our World Go! Manual discussion tomorrow. We'll wrap up prayer and start on witnessing this week! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!