This hymn was passed on to us from HQ this week (thanks, dennis). A timely, and relevant exhortation!
Let your Heart Be Broken
Text: Bryan Jeffery Leech
Music: James Mountain
1. Let your heart be broken, for a world in need-
Feed the mouths that hunger, soothe the wounds that bleed,
Give the cup of water, and the loaf of bread
Be the hands of Jesus, serving in His stead.
2. Here on earth applying, principles of love –
Visible expression, God still rules above,
Living illustration, of the Living Word
To the minds of all, who’ve never seen and heard.
3. Blest to be a blessing, privileged to care,
Challenged by the need, apparent everywhere,
Where mankind is wanting, fill the vacant place,
Be the means thru which, the Lord reveals His grace.
4. Add to your believing, deeds that prove it true
Knowing Christ as Savior, make Him Master too:
Follow in His footsteps, go where He has trod,
In the world’s great trouble, risk yourself for God.
5. Let your heart be tender, and your vision clear –
See mankind as God sees, serve Him far and near;
Let your heart be broken, by a brother’s pain,
Share your rich resources, give and give again.
copyright© 1976 by The Evangelical Covenant Church