How you can be Praying for WGM Uganda…
Please pray for the physical & spiritual health of the missionaries & their families…
- Southern Uganda Missionaries:
- John & Beth Muehleisen (HMA)
- Jonathan & Lisa Mayo (Jordan & Ethan)
- Kenneth & Delight Hopson (Kaleb, Austin, & Emilee) (HMA)
- Lisa Fish
- Keith & Donna Bourne (Haley & Rachel) (HMA)
- Jean Komline
- Teresa Duncan
- Jenna Gaventa
- Betsy Kurtz
- Kristi Fuller
- Brent Duncan
- Northern Uganda Missionaries
- Billy & Joanna Coppedge (Elsie Jayne & Lucy Mae) (HMA)
MDs Preparing to Serve Throughout Uganda
The Hallahan Family
Scott and Meg Rambo
Michael and Brenda Guilliams
The Ferg Family
*Please pray for Caroline Ouma who is experiencing difficulty with her pregnancy (the baby is due June 6). She is the wife of one of our pastors and also works in the field business office.
*The Uganda field has an urgent need for a business manager/treasurer by May. We don't have anyone at this point to fill this very important position.
*Joanna Coppedge's mother (Nancy Neff) is having surgery for cancer again this morning (January 27) and will begin chemotherapy next month. Pray for a complete recovery for Nancy and for her family as they give support and comfort to each other during this time.
*Beth Muehleisen's sister, Mary, donated one of her kidneys on January 4. Thanks for praying! She made a very quick recovery, going back to work 2 weeks after the surgery. The man who received her kidney is also doing extremely well. He was released from the hospital a week after getting the new kidney.
Ongoing Prayer Requests for the Field:
- Please continue to pray for the field housing situation. With rent increases and more missionaries arriving, the need for affordable field housing continues to remain a need.
- Please pray for the pastoral training program in 2010. The training syllabus is being updated and revised to a new discipleship/scriptural knowledge/leadership model.
- The Africa Gospel Church will be going through a time of transition in 2010 as they will soon get their registration from the Uganda government. They will be learning how to govern themselves as well as how to budget the church's finances. This is a huge step in the life of the Africa Gospel Church.
- Pray for the Community Health Empowerment ministry (CHE) that was launched last February. Pray that those involved in this ministry will be true servants of Jesus Christ and will help lead not only their local churches but also their communities toward transformation.
- Please pray for the youth pastor’s training as well as a devotional book that is in the works for the youth who are away at school.
- Please pray as we continue to look at new areas for outreach. New ministries have already begun in South Sudan. We are now looking at ministry opportunities in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and 5 strategic locations within Uganda .
- Please pray that the Lord will provide 25 to 30 new missionaries in the next 5 years to meet the needs of the expanding ministries.
- Please pray for land to be purchased to build an Urban Center or to be able to purchase land with an existing building for multi-purpose ministries in Kampala. This Urban Center would be a place for the 600 plus students from 11 African countries in the University Ministry. It would be a multi purpose building for a church to reach professionals, a place to begin businesses or to rent out to other businesses to help fund the ministries of the church.
- Please pray that God will provide the necessary resources to meet the needs within all of the ministry opportunities.
- Please pray that we would all have the attitude of Christ, that we would keep Him the center focus of our lives, marriages, families, & ministries, and that we would be a light to Uganda.
- Also pray for some open teaching positions at Heritage International School for this current year, and next year!