Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tuesdays with My Valentine

me and Josh at Murchison Falls, August 2004
9 years ago I was in Uganda. all. alone.  Josh and I had been dating only 5 months when I embarked on my worst year ever, teaching in Uganda.  It would have been much better if he could have been here with me.  Little did we know way back then, that we would be here today.  But I am so glad we are!

And so today, on this love day, I want to share just how grateful I am to be in this together.  I certainly could never do this alone- this raising a godly family, this ministering to international students, this cross-cultural adventure. 

me and Josh at Paraa, December 2011
It takes everything we've got to do this life.  But Josh is the perfect partner on this crazy wonderful adventure of a life.  I am forgetful and he remembers.  I am a messy and he cleans.  I dream big and he makes it happen.  He is the strong and firm parent, and I am the creative and nurturing one.  In so many ways we complement each other.  And I am so thankful that God planned this man for me to walk alongside! 

Who are you walking alongside?  And what makes you a perfect fit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!