Monday, October 29, 2012

homemade missions Day #29

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.  And be thankful.  Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts towards God." -Colossians 3:15-16

There are 7 adults and 5 small boys living here this week (if my mom had traveled with my grandmother, there would be 4 generations under one roof in Uganda).  It's a full house, but I love it!  I am tempted to stress and fret, but that is not God's will for me.  A recipe for a great week is this:



All I need to do is:
  • allow His peace to rule in my heart
  • be thankful to Him
  • allow His word to dwell in me richly
  • sing songs with gratitude towards God
Noticing a pattern?  Who is the focus of each of those action points?  Him!  All I need to do, is allow Him to do His thing!  He's got this.  I'm grateful He allows me along for the ride!

Grateful today for {6883- 6893}:
6883.  my grandmother sitting here in my living room in Uganda
6884.  my brother and his family here in Kampala
6885.  happy little boy voices
6886.  my boys running around with their cousins
6887.  a cool afternoon rain breezing in
6888.  dinner simmering in the crockpot
6889.  bread dough rising
6890.  Your life rising in me
6891.  practical steps I can take to bring you glory and fill my own heart with joy
6892.  doing life in community
6893.  tree branches as art- bringing Your art into my home


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!