Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Engaged!

He stands. Waiting.  Dressed in his tuxedo best.  Just then a hush falls over the crowd gathered.  She is here.  At last...The doors open, all the eyes are on her, the bride.  She is radiant.  Her eyes fixed on him.   At long last the day had finally come when the two would become one flesh.  And someday our Heavenly Groom will come for you and for me. 


"Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His wife has made herself ready..."  -Revelation 19:7

Advent.  It's a season of preparation.  Last week I came to the realization that I've been living disengaged lately.  So as I was wrestling through what engagement looks like, I glanced down at my wedding ring.

Engaged!  Betrothed.  I am His beloved and He is coming back for me someday!  A woman who is engaged is dreaming of the day she marries her man, planning her wedding day, and preparing to be a good wife.  She is making herself ready.

Why aren't we, His Bride, making ourselves ready for His coming?  If you and I want to live fully engaged, we must put away our lesser loves and be completely His.  This season of engagement and preparation is meant to be glorious!  He is wooing us to Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!