We have been walking with Scott and Meg through the valley of the shadow of death the past two weeks. They have graciously shared their story and invited us to join them in battle.
Head there first and find out what has been going on here. The battle has raged. Death hangs overhead. Darkness crouches at our doorstep. But we are a people of hope! He has already won the victory!
He is Emmanuel~ God-With-Us~ even here in the shadows. His hand was all over that day. And it declares in Isaiah 9, that He will use garments rolled in blood to fuel the fire of passion for the nations! Even this death can accomplish His purposes. We don't have to walk in the gloom and anguish forever- a light has shone in our darkness!
I'm not feeling as merry and bright this Christmas as I usually do. And maybe there is a shadow hanging over your Christmas this year too. Here are some ways to push back the darkness and bask in the glow of the Light of the World:
- Light a candle. be still and remember He is the light. "The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; Those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, upon them a light has shined." -Isaiah 9:2
- Give thanks. for He is always good. "He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and broke their chains in pieces. Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness..." -Psalm 107:14-15
- Focus on others. He will meet you there. "If you extend your soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul, then your light shall dawn in the darkness, and your darkness shall be as the noonday. The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought..." -Isaiah 58:10-11
- Arise. allow the Lord to minister to your heart and bring healing, then arise. there is a season for sitting down in mourning and a season for getting up. "Arise, shine, for your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the Lord will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you." -Isaiah 60:1-2
- Praise Him! for He is always worthy. "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness, and into His marvelous light." -I Peter 2:9
Leave a comment- I would love to pray for you today.