Monday, January 14, 2013

Falling inLove? or failing

I want to fall inLove.  But so far, I'm just failing.  I want to love my family well.  I want to live love here in my neighborhood.  I want to delight in His love for me.  And all I'm doing is stumbling. falling. failing.  But maybe that's where He begins?  He cannot fill me with His love, without first emptying me of all my junk.  So, He is opening my eyes to just how many times and places I fail.  And He asks me to let Him love me there. in the middle of my mess. 

Yes.
"...but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." -Romans 5:8
how. He. loves.  And I'm just starting to dip my toes into the edges of His great love for me.  I hope you'll join me on this journey into His love.  It starts in me and in you.  But as we start to live inLove- I'm pretty sure it will start spilling over to the people we meet.

counting the ways He loves today, even in the unlikely places:

7031.  intricate beetle.  Your handiwork in detail.
7032.  wonder of creation
7033.  this sunny, tropical weather in January.

7034.  pile of pillows and blankets.
7035.  mess in our living room
7036.  family movie night
7037.  happy, smiley boys

7038.  roses from my man
7039.  wintery white. even though it's in the 70's here
7040.  delicate beauty

7041.  back to school celebration
7042.  ice cream date with my men
7043.  head back. all in. sticky chocolate everywhere.
7044.  pure delight.



1 comment:

  1. absolutely beautiful...I can totally feel your desire to do what you've been called to do, with your family and your mission. I read something recently that said, "We can't clean the house until we first look at the dirt." There is always something magnificent on the horizon when those dark corners of our personalities start to get cleaned out. Best of luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!