Monday, January 21, 2013

little bits of love

amazing, that when you pay attention... His love is everywhere...  some days {like today} You just sense Him smiling over you and grinning when you see another little bit of His love.  Other days {like yesterday} it's harder to see His hand anywhere because your eyes are glued onto your selfish self and all you're not getting.  It's all about perspective.

If only I could fix my eyes on Him everyday.  I guess that's the goal.  I don't intend to stay in that grumpy place- it just happens.  And it is work to get out of it.  Today I did the work.  And it is always worth- how do I keep forgetting that it.is.always.worth.it.?!


counting the ways He loves {excerpts from 7052-7088}

  • love that wakes with a puking kid
  • Your Love that carries me through the night
  • Your Love that makes me patient
  • love that treats to pastries
  • Your Love that turns an act of service into a blessing for my own heart
  • love that turns on lovely music and pours a cup of tea for little people
  • Your Love that prepares a table for me
  • seeing myself in right perspective
  • how You gently put me in my place
  • Your Love that meets our needs perfectly
  • a good nights sleep
  • Your Love that speaks to me personally
  • love that says "I'm sorry I was so grumpy yesterday, can you forgive me?"
  • Your mercies new every morning
  • bird songs welcoming the day
  • mist rising off the lake as I start my morning run

2 comments:

  1. Giving thanks with you. I'm right after you at Ann's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Love that turns an act of service into a blessing for my own heart"... how true that His love leads us to this and he loves us back while we love others.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...