Friday, April 12, 2013

Perks of the Job

our calendar- with playdough covering our leaving date
As much as I want to sit here and complain about how hard it is to be a missionary or how tough it is to watch your kids deny the fact that you're leaving because they will miss their friends... that isn't helpful for me, nor is it a blessing to you.  It's hard.  Most things that matter are.  It's a sacrifice.  But it's a privilege.  

 I don't want to candy coat this, nor do I want to dwell on hardship. 

THIS SONG came on today and stopped me in my tracks.  I'm driving and the tears are streaming down my face.  So I have been hanging out in Hebrews 11:13-16 this morning.  One of the perks of the job is how it forces me to hope for heaven.  There is a day when we don't have to say goodbye!  Hallelujah!

My kids get to grow up trusting Jesus to be their home- they can take their pain to Him- they can find belonging in Him!

I don't get the luxury of comfort.  And that pushes me into the heart of the Comforter.

I get to meet amazing people.  Even if saying goodbye stinks.  My life is richer just from knowing them. 

I get to be a part of something huge, and lasting.


It's hard.  But it's so worth it.

Grateful that He sent a song through my ipod to remind me and refocus me today. 

What are the perks of your job?


Oh, and another perk.  The fresh fruit.  Glory.  Straight from the Father. 

2 comments:

  1. Your family has been on my heart so much lately! Praying for each of you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Hebrews 11! A perk for us is the beautiful view of hills from our front door especially in the mornings when the sun is rising.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!