Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I Totally Forgot!

So, we've been in the states now for almost 3 weeks! Some things are just like I remember.  Others have changed.  And some things I had forgotten.  

I had forgotten just how easy it is to jump in the car and run to the store.  I don't break into a nervous sweat when I realize we need to leave the house.  In fact, driving here is kinda boring.  But we do have a sweet ride!

I had forgotten how nice it is to get a text and make plans, with friends that have been "off limits" for two years.  Beach Day. Saturday. 

I had forgotten just how many toys we left here.  Don't have to buy new toys. ever.  Or we have to have a massive yard sale. 

I had forgotten how good the cheese is.  even string cheese. awesome.  And how light and fluffy doughnuts could be! 

 I had forgotten that you have to check the weather. every. day.  It was hot and awesome at 1pm yesterday, and then it got cloudy, breezy and cold by BBQ time!  We brought winter jackets and shorts and tees to Delanco this weekend!  {In Uganda there are two forecasts: hot with a chance of thunderstorm or slightly cooler and rainy}

I had forgotten just how fast the internet can be!  The boys wanted to watch an episode on iTunes that I hadn't downloaded yet, and it took 5 minutes! 5 minutes... not overnight! 


And I had forgotten that in the Spring the sun rises early!  And sets late!  The boys see the sun at 5:30am and think it's time to get out of bed.  And ask why they have to go to bed before the sun goes down!  {In Uganda, the sun rises at 7am and sets at 7pm every. day. of. the. year.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!