|Delanco Camp Permanent Staff 1998|
On summer staff, we worked for 10 weeks of the summer doing various jobs from kitchen staff to horse wrangler and everything in between. We had to learn how to handle conflict with those you not only work with, but live with! And so, here is the list of things I learned at Delanco Camp that help me be a better missionary!
- How to not only survive, but serve joyfully on little privacy and less sleep.
- How to keep a smile on my face even while I am being eaten alive by mosquitoes!
- How to make and serve food for 100+ people (yes, in Uganda we had house guests 40% of our first term, and that doesn't include the various meals we served to visitors and students).
- How to flush/unclog any style of toilet.
- The necessity of quiet time with the Lord, even when you have to give up a nap to make that happen.