Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Food Tips for the Road

Boys eating a treat at YoGo Frozen Yogurt Factory!
It is very tempting while living in the "land of plenty" to take full advantage of the fast food and convenience of eating in America.  But I love the whole foods we eat in Uganda!  I feel better when I'm not filling myself with processed food products. 

So what's a girl to do on the road when small children beg to stop at McDonald's every time we enter the highway? 

I am not a nutrition expert.  And I do enjoy my share of peanut butter m&ms.  This is not medical advice, and these aren't all my own original ideas.  I've listed some great posts at the bottom for you to check out! 

I don't know where you fall on the healthy food continuum- but this is what works for our family.  It's our healthy compromise for happy travelers! 

In our snack bag this week:
  • peanut butter crackers
  • twizzler bites (for a happy driver)
  • peanut butter m&ms (for happy mama and good kids)
  • grapes
  • frozen cheese sticks (so they don't get mushy in the cooler)
  • peanut butter
  • jelly
  • loaf of whole wheat bread
  • Berry Kix
  • Lara Bars (for this pregnant mama)
Great Travel Food Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!