|Date Night: thanks, Andrea!|
Here a few things that help us stay connected on the road!
- When someone offers you a date night- say "yes!" and "thank you!". We had a great night out while we were at Ohio Christian University- the director of the WGM Student Center offered to keep our boys so we could go out alone. It was a sweet time of delicious food and happy, uninterrupted conversation! And tonight, my college roommate is keeping our boys so we can go on date #2 this road trip!
- If you can't find a babysitter- just buy a rare, luxurious treat to share after the kids are in bed with decaf coffee and your favorite movie!
- Talk. Period. Things on the road can get stressful. You may want to clam up and just press through- but it's best for everyone to talk it out!
- Have an "I need" conversation. If things are piling up and you're feeling exhausted or overwhelmed, tell your spouse what you need. They can't read your mind! And then ask them what they need. Come up with a plan to make it happen!
- If you aren't sharing a room with your kids- take advantage. Enough said.
- Just be kind. Think of things that make your spouse happy and do them.
- Make sure you kiss each other decently every day.
- Pray together as a couple. Even if it's just a quick prayer at bedtime- it's a point of connection with your spouse and your God. That's always the best combination!