Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Day He Prepared a Feast

After a long, needy, sleepless night I come crawling into His presence.  I'm hungry  ravenous for some morsel to satisfy this weary mama/missionary. He has got to feed me or I'll die. And I find these rich, life-giving words penned by my good Father.

"There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God... God is in the midst of her.  She shall not be moved. God shall help her, just at the break of dawn... Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations." -Psalm 46:5, 10

He always knows just what to say.  Sadly, I don't come often enough.  And I'm the one who misses out. Yet He bids me come.

I pour a cup of coffee, take a deep breath, and He lays out the feast.  His Spirit is a river that makes me glad.  He is here.  He will help at break of dawn {in my break-down at day's dawn}... I still and know Him. just be.  just breathe. and trust.  He will be exalted among the nations- I don't have to worry. He will get us funded.  He doesn't need me.

How do you need Him to show up today?  He will get the glory as we wait on Him, and allow Him to do His thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!