Friday, May 27, 2016

Journey through Psalms

these gorgeous, fragrant flowers bloom like crazy in May
these flowers. they bloom like crazy in may. and smell amazing. but since May is goodbye month- they smell like to grief to me.

I'm taking a long, slow stroll through Psalms right now. Soaking in one chapter per week with a friend. And it is good.

I love the permission to feel all the feels. And the faith to still declare, "Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him." {Psalm 2:12 NKJV}

Another friend sent me a link to a sermon series on the Psalms and it has been so encouraging. Especially Psalm 3- Psalms of Lament {listen}.

This is a season of grieving for the missionary community. The school year comes to a close and many leave for the summer, and this year many just leave. For good. And that's the hazard of international life. One of the toughest, actually. And so I will build my CABIN while I stay, at least until I'm the one going.

And I will cling to these two strong words: "But You..." from Psalm 3. 
  • are good.
  • work all things for my good.
  • never change.
  • are still on the throne.
  • are my portion.
  • won't forsake me.
  • don't make mistakes.
Hallelujah!

"But You _______________." How would you fill in the blank? Leave it in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. But you...
    are with me
    teach me
    know my name
    order my days
    are enough... even when it doesn't feel like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!