Friday, September 16, 2016

One thing...


"One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek, inquire for, and {insistently} require: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord {in His presence} all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty {the sweet attractiveness and the delightful loveliness} of the Lord and to meditate, consider, and inquire in His temple." -Psalm 27:4 Amplified

It's really all quite simple. One thing. He just asks for one thing. Dwell. Stay. Abide. Let nothing break your fellowship. Let nothing block your communion. Let nothing distract or tear you away from Him.

And yet... I fail to do that one thing. He asks so little. The instruction is simple. But it's everything. He wants all of me. All the time, Intense. But not in a striving, doing way. It's a consuming. a filling. a surrender. And it's freeing!

He wants me. Just me. all of me. {all of me- the joy and the sorrow. the willingness and the frustration. the smiles and the cold glares}. And in return... I get all of Him. whoa.

****
This verse is so rich. I'm camping out here. Stay tuned for the two parts of the one thing: behold and inquire.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!