Wednesday, August 30, 2017

a puddle of glory in a busy day

the girls are napping. the birds are singing in the trees. I have a steaming cup of chai in my hand. and the soundtrack to my days is playing quietly in the background. my soul can breathe in moments like these. it's like a puddle of glory in the middle of my day.

I don't always savor these moments, or find them, or create them. often I miss them because my eyes are full of my phone, or because the to do list is too long and who can afford to stop? and it takes work- stop, steep the chai, turn on the music, put down the phone. but when I don't pause and savor I am essentially throwing the gift of this moment into the face of God. He graciously gives us all things. and I am too busy to receive.

there are moments when I am getting things done, enjoying this season of part-time ministry outside the house, and then there are others when I am losing my mind at the two-ness of my two year old and fuming as I make four lunches before school. part of me thinks I can just run with it. and then there are moments like this when I realize I might not be fully recovered yet and need to slow down and let Him keep healing my heart. and it's good and necessary to listen to what our souls need.

thanks for joining me on this journey. it feels really good to write again.

are you able to find moments in your day to pause? what does that look like for you in whatever season you find yourself in? 

**also, have you heard of Zachary Bruno? Dawn light is the soundtrack to my days and it's amazing how quickly music can change the tone of your day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!