Monday, August 28, 2017

Coming home...

not literally. don't everyone get excited.

as I press in to the idea of writing here again, I'm having to sift the wheat from the chaff. I have to try everything on and see what still fits. and something that Jesus has been whispering to me today is gratitude. keep counting those gifts. and it's Monday {my original gratitude post day}. there is something profound that happens when we say thank you for the gifts He gives on a daily basis. and I've been neglecting that practice. so I'm coming home- home to gratitude on Mondays.

the past two years have been a stripping away, a desert season, survival mode. i've been reduced to rubble. and yet what remains is gold. He is remaking me. and I guess that's part of why I want to share this journey. I am still unfinished. but my head is far enough above water now that it isn't dangerous for me to reach out to others who might feel like they're drowning.

so while I haven't faithfully kept counting the gifts, I have sporadically been counting- so we'll just pick up where I left off:

7861. 5am. You meeting me.
7862. grace enough to welcome an early riser at 5:03am
7863. Sofia the First on iTunes.
7864. my little corner on the kitchen floor. sacred space.
7865. in You there is no sin. If I abide in You, I can say no to sin.
7866. my husband rising to meet You early
7867. bagels and coffee
7868. our 4 incredible kids
7869. Your word. truth for this day.
7870. a clean and quiet desk
7871. being able to find this gratitude journal. after months of disuse and a transatlantic move.
7872. my crossfit ladies pushing me towards health
7873. and also bringing m&ms :)
7874. cloudy morning- cool enough to work out
7875. the ability to move my body
7876. rain holding off till we were done
7877. a morning with Rebekah
7878. Hi Ho Cherry-o, Candy Land, Zingo... classics
7879. her laugh. it's so contagious
7880. snuggles before nap
7881.everyone napping so I can write

What are you grateful for today?

linking up:

5 comments:

  1. What a precious list! It's nice that you have a corner of the kitchen that is yours, it would be so nice to have a space in this house. Praying you find many more things to list in the weeks to come and continue to join up at Ten Things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to meet you here, and to find such a wonderful list of thankfuls, it is amazing how quickly they can count up over time! I love that your focus on being thankful is directed to the One from whom all blessings originate. I also note that you value the simple things that make life sweet, a space of your own, quiet time shared, your children, mild weather, friends, laughter and snuggles. We so often overlook the value of the little things, how important they are! I hope you'll continue to share with us each week, I'll look forward to your posts! The link up is now open from early Friday morning until late Tuesday night, so you have plenty of time to share your list whenever you are ready. If Mondays work best for you, that's great! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming home.. I think we've all been there, at least those of us who have walked thru the fire. Life is a purifying of our souls somewhat. Giving thanks is a must. God is amazing and He loves us so much.. God bless you as you travel this journey. - Stopping by from TToT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post at TToT is wonderful. I'm glad you decided to join us here. I read about you and see that you are doing good works overseas. The more people, organizations, and churches serving people all over the world unites people as one and makes it possible for people to live in peace. Laughter is contagious, and friends to push you toward health are a blessing, and quiet times when you are able to write.:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!