Monday, January 29, 2007

My Shepherd...

"Save your people and bless your inheritance;
be their shepherd and carry them forever." -Psalm 28:9

It is such hard work to shepherd a young child... to constantly watch over him, protect him, carry him, nourish him... and yet that is my task with Caleb. He is a precious treasure I am called to guard and I do not take that responsibility lightly. And while I love being his mama, it does become draining at times.

So as I rock Caleb in the middle of the night, feeding him for the third time, I wonder in the stillness- who will carry me? Who will nourish me? And He comes... like the Faithful and Strong Shepherd He has always been... and gently lifts my head. He has promised never to leave me nor forsake me- and He has called Himself my Shepherd. I can lean on Him, and He will carry me. Praise His name forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!