Saturday, October 11, 2008

His Glorious Return!

Today's readings: Revelation 11, Esther 1, Psalm 105:1-25

"Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, 'The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!' And the twenty-four elders who sat before God on their thrones fell on their faces and worshiped God, saying 'We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was and who is to come, because You have taken Your great power and reigned. The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints, and those who fear Your name, small and great, and should destroy those who destroy the earth." -Revelation 11:15-18

There isn't much about Revelation that I claim to understand- but this thing is clear: Christ will come again to judge the living and the dead- and the saints will be rewarded when He returns! Hallelujah! Christ will return and He will reign in all His power and glory! What a day that will be! Since we do not know the day or the hour that He will return, we must live our lives in a constant state of readiness! What shame would be ours if He were to return while we were gossiping with a friend- or cheating on our taxes- or stealing a candy bar- or lazily watching TV while our house is in disarray, and our neighbors are dying without Him! I know there are hours of each day that I would ashamed of Christ to find me... and yet His presence is always near...so why do I continue in such behavior? Because I forget Him, because I reclaim those areas of my life that I once surrendered to Him, because I like to be in charge of my own life! Today- let us ready our hearts- completely surrender all we are to God- and wait with joyful anticipation for His glorious return! I cannot wait to see Him face to face!

Looking forward to His return,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!