Sunday, October 26, 2008

My Prayer for Seth

Happy Sabbath, Church!

Today is a day a celebration for me personally- we are having Seth baptized! So join us as we make a vow before the Lord to bring him up in the ways of the Lord and to surround him with a godly church family!

Today's readings: 1 Thessalonians 5, Isaiah 23-24, Psalm 116

"Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it." -1 Thess. 5:23-24

"Therefore glorify the Lord in the dawning light, the name of the Lord God of Israel in the coastlands of the sea." -Isaiah 24:15

"O Lord, truly I am Your servant; I am Your servant, the son of Your maidservant, You have loosed my bonds. I will offer to You the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the Lord. I will pay my vows to the Lord now in the presence of all His people..." -Psalm 116:16-18


I don't know if you are familiar with praying the Scripture- but as my thoughts revolve around Seth's baptism, I would like to share a practice that I use when praying for my children. I find it so beneficial to my own prayer life, to take verses from the Bible, and turn them into prayers for the people on my heart. Today, as I am praying for Seth (and also Caleb), these are the prayers of my heart:

"God of peace, one day sanctify Seth completely, that his whole spirit, soul, and body may be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. You who have called him are faithful- and I trust that You will do it."

"I pray that Seth will glorify You in the dawning light, and that Your name would be on his lips wherever he goes."

"O Lord, I pray that Seth would truly become one of your faithful servants, would You loose the bonds of the sin nature already present in his body- so that one day he will offer to Your the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and that he will call upon Your name day and night. I pray that as we make a vow today to bring him up in Your ways, he would accept Your salvation for himself at an early age. And we will praise You now and forever." Amen.

Take some time today and either use these verses for the people you pray for- or find some other verses to pray that are applicable to your situation. This is a rewarding practice, and I believe God answers when we hold Him to His Word.

Celebrating today,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!