Friday, October 24, 2008

What will your harvest yield?


Good morning, Church!

I love autumn. The glorious colors... the delicious apples, and hot pumpkin spice lattes... the chill in the air... I love it all. Our passage in Isaiah talks about harvest time too- but it is a warning to us all today!

Today's readings: I Thessalonians 2:17-3:13, Isaiah 17-19, Psalm 114

"Because you have forgotten the God of your salvation, and have not been mindful of the Rock of your stronghold, therefore you will plant pleasant plants and set out foreign seedlings; in the day you will make your plant to grow, and in the morning you will make your seed to flourish; but the harvest will be a heap of ruins..." -Isaiah 17:10-11


I have uttered this warning several times already... but if you are anything like me, you've already forgotten Him again! It is so easy to forget God when life is going well. And I know there are specific areas in my life that I continually surrender to God and then I reclaim them and start being the boss of my own life again. The Israelites faced this challenge as well- and failed as much as I do! This passage talks about us doing all the work... planting, sowing, tending... and then when we gather in the harvest we are surprised when it is a heap of ruins! We can never do as good a job with our lives as God can!!! He has amazing plans for you, far beyond your imagination, and even far beyond your capabilities...because He wants you to depend on Him, and He wants you to give Him the credit and the glory for the wonderful things He has done through you.

So take some time to surrender again those things you've reclaimed...and ask God to be at work in and through you. Ask Him to empower you to do all the great things He has planned for you. And then lean on Him- let Him be strong where you are weak- and let Him be stronger even where you're strong! You will be amazed at what He can do! And when He steps in, and things start going well and the harvest is glorious- remember Him.... remember to praise Him and give Him all the credit! For He is worthy!

Leaning on Him,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!